Professional Bio - Profile
Gary Griffith – Curriculum Vitae
- Master of Science, Security Management – University of Leicester;
- Post Graduate Diploma, Security Management – Dept. of Criminology, University of Leicester;
- Certificate, Security Management Studies – University of West Indies;
- Certificate, Standard Military Course for Officers – Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, United Kingdom;
- Graduate of St. Mary’s College – Port of Spain.
EMPLOYMENT AND PROFESSIONAL HISTORY:
- Seventeen years  service in senior management position with the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force [1989 – 2016]
- Second Lieutenant Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force / Lieutenant
- Platoon Commander
- Company Second in Command
- Detachment Commander
- Adjutant Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, 1991-1995
- Captain Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force
- United Nations Tour of Duty, Haiti
- Aide to Chief of Defence Staff
- Aide de Camp to President Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force
- Military Attaché to Prime Minister
- Head of Defence Force Intelligence Unit & Defence Force Representative at the Joint Operations Command centre [ JOCC]
- Group Security Manager – ANSA McAL Group
- Chief Executive Officer – CGGAL Group of Companies
- National Security Advisor – Office of the Prime Minister
- Minister of National Security – Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
This document provides the CV, bio-brief and additional professional and career details over the period of two decades of service.
Bio – Descriptive
Military Decorations & Commendations:
- First military Officer from this country to return home with a United Nations Peacekeeping Medal;
- The Efficiency Decoration Medal for completing twelve  years distinguished service with the Defence Force
- The Meritorious Medal for duties performed during the Attempted Coup in 1990;
- Acquired a commendation by the Chief Magistrate for his duties as Platoon Commander in command of securing the court during the subsequent trial;
- Award for the most titles in the annual drill competition and attaining the highest grades in the Lieutenant to Captain Promotion exam;
- Most Outstanding Officer Award at Sandhurst in Extra Curricular Activities, as a result of captaincy of the Company Hockey, Football and Cricket team and was on the First XI Hockey Team for the Academy;
- Received a high performance grading annually, with references of commendation for performance by several Chiefs of Defence Staff, including Brigadier Carl Alfonso, Brigadier Joe Theodore, Commodore Franklin, Admiral Kelshall, and Brigadier Sandy.
- Was bestowed with the official title “Esquire” by former President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Professor George Maxwell Richards.
After the Defence Force
- Appointed as a temporary Senator with emphasis on Security matters;
- National Security Advisor for the United National Congress from 2002 - 2004;
- National Security Advisor for the Congress Of the People from 2006 - 2007;
- Headed the National Security Task Force of the Congress Of the People;
- Author of the Congress of the People “100 plus Steps Anti-Crime initiative for a safer Trinidad and Tobago” which was delivered to Prime Minister Manning in 2007;
- He was appointed as the Group Security Manager for the ANSA Mc Al Group whereby former CEO of one of the fastest growing Security Companies in the country, SAS Captain Gary Griffith and Associates which provides Security Operational Services for numerous organizations throughout the country;
- SASCGGAL then honour of being the exclusive provider for over 350 accredited security personnel for all official games for the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup Finals to be held in Trinidad;
- Acquired the services of the previous Mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani and Former Commissioner, Bernard Kerik on behalf of CLICO, to be the feature speaker at a Leadership Conference in this country, entitled “Leadership in Difficult Times- Combating Crime”
- Provided Security Consultancy and Coordination for several organizations and events including the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board, the Chaguanas Borough, Trinidad Hilton, major concerts and National Carnival bands.
- Appointed as the Security Manager for the West Indies cricket team at the 2009 Twenty 20 World Cup in England.
- National Security Adviser for the Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago form 2010 - 2013.
- Because of this appointment in 2010, he had to decline the offer to coordinate the modules and lecture at the UTT in the MSc for Criminology.
- He was appointed Minister of National Security from 2013 - 2015.
- The lowest number of serious crimes in our country in 31 years.
- The highest visibility of law enforcement ever seen in our nation’s history
- Every major crime being reduced by 25 to 83%