Who We Are
The Guard and Emergency Branch is specifically responsible for preserving public order in Trinidad and Tobago.
What We Do
- The GEB, which is more commonly known as the “Riot Squad/Tactical Unit”, is responsible for: -
- Armed mobile escorts for - Head of State, Foreign Dignitaries and other VIP’s and high risk prisoners.
- Field operations with other Divisions/ Branches/ and Sections.
- High profile, high risk guard duties and escorts
- Joint Police/ Army operations
- Maintaining Public Order.
- Providing Tactical and Survival Training to the TTPS and other Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Security of the Parliament.
- Quelling all turbulent public meetings and marches
- Providing security at major social events
Guard and Emergency Branch 17 Garden Road,
Phone: (868) 675-5759
Fax: (868) 674-8846