Becoming a police officer is an opportunity to serve your country. It is a well paid, reputable profession that affords all its officers continuous training opportunities for personal and professional development.
How do I become a Police Officer?
An advertisement will be published in the daily newspapers, on the TTPS website and social media platforms. Follow the application guidelines stated. A candidate for appointment as a trainee Police Officer must:
- be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago;
- be required to pass a medical examination conducted by a Government Medical Officer nominated for the purpose;
- be required to undergo a polygraph test, psychological test and be tested for dangerous drugs at thecost of the Service;
- be of good character as evidenced by a police certificate of character;
- be not less than eighteen years and not more than thirty-five years of age on the 1st January of the year in which the appointment is made;
- in the case of a male, be of good physique and at least one hundred and sixty-seven centimetres in height; or
- a female, be of good physique and at least one hundred and fifty centimetres in height;
- possess passes in five subjects in the CXC Examinations, including English Language, at General Proficiency at Grade I, II, or III or at Basic Proficiency at Grade I in all five subjects, or five G.C.E. 0’ Level passes, including English, at Grade A, B or C in all five subjects, or produce proof of having reached an equivalent or higher standard of education;
- possess a Trinidad and Tobago driver’s permit with a class 3 endorsement to drive light motor vehicles;
- be required to pass a physical examination and an agility test;
- be required to pass a written examination.
Male applicants are required to attend screening dressed in a short sleeve shirt, dress pants, dress socks and dress shoes.
Female applicants attending screening should be dressed in short sleeve, skirt business suits with whole shoes.
To be screened applicants must have in their possession:
|Academic Certificates with proof of 5 O’Levels, its equivalent or higher standard of education
|Computerized Birth Certificate
|National Identification Card or Passport
|Copies of all documents
|Two (2) passport size photos
Be advised that in accordance with the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service Regulations Chapter 15:01, Regulation 3, in order to become a recruit, candidates must successfully complete all the undermentioned requirements:
|A written examination
|General Knowledge (local, regional, international and TTPS)
|Background investigation including fingerprinting
For additional details interested persons can contact the Recruiting Office at (868) 223-2015 ext:22122 to 22127.
Online applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com